Javanese SPA TRAINING -Aromatherapy usually uses essential oils that have been extracted from different parts of the plant. When extracted the part of the plant will become a concentrate, only then used with a very small amount The content of treatment with essential oils can make you relax, passionate, strengthen and calm. Essential oils are usually absorbed through the skin or inhaled. Essential oils can be used for bathing by adding 10 drops of oil into the bath. As a body lotion can add 5 drops of essential oil. As a facial moisturizer added 2 drops of essential oil. For massage can be added 10-12 drops of essential oil. As air deodorizers can add 2 drops to 150 ml of warm water in a spray bottle.
Here are some essential oils and their uses:
- Camomile, can make relax and calm and ward off free radicals that can cause aging.
- Clary sage, can be soothing and to strengthen and cleanse the mind.
- Cypress, can be for revitalization, chelating drugs, to eliminate swelling, reduce cramping pain during menstruation, but should avoid at 1-3 months of pregnancy.
- Eucalyptus, can be used for antiseptics, swelling drugs and help breathing problems.
- Grapefruit, can be used for refreshing, detoxification, cleansing, to relieve nerves, and relax the muscles.
- Jasmine, can be used to soothe, aphrodisiac, antidepressants, but should not be used during pregnancy and if the skin is sensitive.
- Lavender, can be used for antiseptic, soothing and relieving.
- Lemon, can be a relief, encouraging, refreshing and improving mood.
- Mandarin, can calm, relax, give the sensation of peace and can be used by children.
- Peppermint, can be used as an antiseptic, stimulant and relieve pain.
- Sandalwood, can be used as a counterweight, aprodisiak, antiseptic, to treat cough and sore throat.
- Tea Tree, can be used as antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, control dandruff and solve skin problems.
The use of essential oils also should not be arbitrary. Here are tips for safe use of essential oils:
- Store all essential oils in dark bottles and do not expose heat, sun and light directly, as they can damage the essential oil composition.
- Essential oils are used only as an external medicine not to be drunk or eaten.
- Do not get exposed to eyes, if exposed to eyes then rinse with milk or vegetable oil and consult a doctor immediately.
- Many essential oils are sensitive to light, which means it can cause skin reactions if exposed to sunlight, so do not use essential oil if going out of the house.
- Some essential oils may cause skin irritation, stop if irritation occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Essential oils are usually explosive because they are away from sources of fire such as candles, or goods that cause fire.
- Pregnant women should not use essential oils without consultation with a doctor first.
- Aromatherapy massage is not allowed for people who are sick or have broken bones.